Gifs In-Kind FAQ’s
Are you an individual or corporation interested in supporting The Rhema Foundation Canada–related efforts by donating a non-cash product or good? There are two types of gifts that you can make.
Host an event to help raise funds for The Rhema Foundation Canada:
Fundraising events and initiatives are vital funds for our ongoing work in the community. As such, individuals/corporations often solicit donated items to assist in their efforts. A variety of items may be donated; however, receipts are only issued for donations of physical goods (not services). To issue a tax receipt, we require official documentation (e.g., a sales receipt) or an independent appraisal of the item’s fair market value.
Types of donations that we accept:
- Items that are valued at $100 or more, and where a fair market value can be verified
- Donations of physical goods, including those from the inventory of a business
- Gift certificates that have been purchased by an individual and donated to our campaign.
Help The Rhema Foundation Canada agencies/partners do their work:
We accept surplus items that can be used to support the work of our agencies (e.g., used computers or office furniture), based on current needs. In-kind donations will not be sold, traded, bartered or used for any fundraising purposes; they are used only to fulfill our agencies’ missions. For a gift in-kind tax receipt,* an invoice is required to establish fair market value.
To donate items, follow these steps:
- Contact the Gifts-Kind Coordinator, to discuss and confirm your donation. They can be reached at email@example.com
- Download and complete this form, and email a signed copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once an agency match has been confirmed by xxx, connect with us to arrange pickup/drop-off of your gift.
* Tax receipts for gifts in-kind will be issued when donated items are received by the recipient organization, when the condition/value of the items is confirmed, and when the required documentation is provided to The Rhema Foundation Toronto. The delivery/pickup of donated items must be coordinated between the donor and the recipient agency.
Thank you for giving a Gift In-Kind to The Rhema Foundation Canada
Please read The Rhema Foundation Canada’s Gift In-Kind FAQ’s before completing this form. Please help up us handle your gift appropriately by providing the information required and send the form to:
Attention: Gift-In-Kind Coordinator
The Rhema Foundation Canada
PO Box 30123
Toronto, ON M3J 3L6